National Certificate in Plumbing Systems
The Plumbing course is designed to produce skilled Plumbers who are relevant to the industry and world of work. The course is trainee-centered and emphasizes practical-based learning through projects, innovation, and industrial training after completion of each year.
The course focuses on competence-based training, real-life practical assignments with supporting modules, integrated education, innovation and initiative, entrepreneurship, creative orientation, modularized programs and communication skills.
Graduates will receive a National Certificate in Plumbing (NCPL).
Upon completion of the course, trainees will be able to:
- Carry out installations of appliances and water pipes
- Maintain and repair water facilities and equipment
- Install drainage and water disposal systems
- Supervise and inspect works, upholding safety, health, and environment standards
- Forge and make fabricated facilities, fittings, and products
- Start and manage an enterprise
- Uphold and promote safety standards in the workplace and general public
The course also focuses on providing practical learning experience with live project work and examples.
Graduates of NCPL may be employed in manufacturing and processing industries, service sectors, construction companies, public works departments, rural development agencies, power generation, transmission, and construction projects.
Additionally, graduates may further their skills and education by pursuing a diploma or degree in related fields such as water engineering, civil engineering, architecture, mechanical engineering, information and communication technology, business administration, entrepreneurship, procurement, and logistics.
Duration: 2 Years
Skill Level: Beginner